Utilizing pure ceramic as a coating, the Green Earth Wok by Ozeri is one of the world’s first frying woks to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals. Conventional cookware and other ceramic cookware brands achieve their non-stick performance through a coating of PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), a synthetic substance that has waxy properties. At very high temperatures, PTFE begins to decompose and release fumes which are documented to be lethal to birds and small pets, and which can be harmful to humans. In addition, traditional cookware incorporating PTFE is often manufactured with the aid of PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid), which the EPA has classified as a persistent pollutant of the environment. With the Green Earth Wok’s ecozeri technology, even under high temperatures, such harmful toxic fumes are never released into the environment.
- Unlike other ceramic cookware brands, the Ozeri Green Earth Wok utilizes an ultra-safe ceramic coating inspired by nature which is 100% PTFE and PFOA free.
- Delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without releasing harmful fumes or toxins at high temperatures.
- Features a scratch-resistant 100 percent ceramic coating that is super easy to clean.
- Made out of durable heavy-gauge die-cast aluminum with no heavy metals or harmful chemicals.
- Boasts a comfortable heat resistant Bakelight handle, and a magnetized induction stove safe base for rapid heat transfer.