This new PM2700 Shaper offers more features to you than any other shaper in the same class. The X-large 30 in. x 40 in. precision ground cast iron table includes a heavy duty miter gauge with an aluminum extruded support. The built-in, Omni-directional caster system (patent pending) is retractable into the base. A quick-release lever allows fast speed and belt changes. The extruded aluminum fence has several T-slots so you can mount a wood face to create a no-clearance surface around any shaper or router bit. The fence also gives you the ability to quickly move the fence close to its final position, lock it in and then use the precision micro adjustments on each side of the cutter to dial in exactly the position you need. Adding to the precision of this machine is a digital readout for the spindle height. This allows making adjustments to within 0.001 in. in the spindle height, which is critical when aligning rail and stile cutters for those raised panel doors.
- Integrated caster system built into the cast iron base for instant shop mobility
- Spindle height digital readout for making fine incremental adjustments on multiple passes
- Heavy duty 30 in. x 40 in. precision ground tabletop for smooth stock feeding
- Convenient quick lock belt tensioning for easy speed adjustment
- Industrial fence system with fine adjust dials for more precise positioning
- 5 HP totally enclosed motor offers plenty of power
- 2-spindle speeds (reversible) for a variety of work
- Superior clear cutter guard promotes safety, allows observation of the entire cut
- Table predrilled and tapped for feeder mounting in 2 locations
- Fence has dual feather boards for work holding
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
I just got this Shaper completely set up in my shop yesterday and ran 600 feet of 3/4 inch “V” groove, tongue and groove Hickory paneling through it. What a breeze, no tear out, zero machine vibration, no chip clogs, nothing, a single pass on both cuts and it was done. And this was on Hickory too boot. The fence system is great, alignment is simple and right on. Height adjustments are a breeze with the digital readout. The dual dust ports with the interior separator is a great addition, no more chips falling into or on the motor or mechanical areas. I’m glad I finally got rid of my 3 horse competitors machine and stepped up the plate with Powermatic. Well worth the money for my shop.