Hand Tap and Drill Set comes with 1-high speed steel hand tap (plug style) and matching HSS black oxide drill bit in a plastic pouch. Drill Bit Information: A dependable, general purpose drill designed to perform in a broad range of materials in the iron and steel families. Ideal for production, maintenance or portable drilling jobs. Surface treated with abrasion-resistant black oxide. Tap Information: Hand Taps are the most versatile taps for hand use, or for tapping under power. Hand taps are popular for use in general machine tapping or CNC tapping. They are also appropriate for tapping the vast majority of materials in through or blind holed conditions. Plug Style: Generally used in thru holes.
- Set contains high speed steel plug hand tap and matching high speed steel drill bit
- High speed steel plug hand threading tap is popular for use in general machine tapping or CNC tapping
- Black oxide drill bit is ideal for production, maintenance or portable drilling jobs
- Drill bits over 1/2 in. have a 1/2 in. reduced shank
- Each set comes in plastic pouch
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Had to tap a bottle cage hole on a bike frame where I broke off a bolt. This did the job in 5 minutes and matches the existing holes so I can use matching M5 bolts.
This product is exactly what it claims to be and seems to be at a decent price. Both pieces do their jobs nicely. Perhaps I should mention that I’m working in wood, mounting head-less (hex drive) screws in a zero-clearance table saw throat plate for height adjustment. But, I can’t see any reason why metal would present a problem.