The Milwaukee 5318-DE SDS Max Chisel Boot provides users with a solution for the regulation on respirable crystalline silica dust (29 CFR 1926.1153). The 5317-DE SDS Max Chisel Boot is optimized for the 2717-22 and 5317-21 Milwaukee SDS Max Rotary Hammers for chipping applications with bull point and flat chisels up to 1-1/8 in. W. It’s adjustable strap secures the hose away from the application allowing for increased productivity. Attach to the Milwaukee 8960-20 8 Gallon Dust Extractor for a complete OSHA Table 1 compliant solution.
- OSHA table 1 compliant solution
- Optimized for bull point and flat chisels up to 1 in. W
- Optimized for Milwaukee SDS max rotary hammers
- Hose clip adaptor for easy attachments to Milwaukee 8-Gal. DDST extractor (8960-20)
- Strap secures hose to rotary hammer
- Compatible with major brands of SDS plus rotary hammers
- Includes: (1) SDS max chisel boot (5318-DE) and (1) hose clip adaptor (49-90-1959)
I know this boot is intended for Milwaukee’s demo hammers, however, I used it with my hammer drill to remove dust while drilling large holes (1″).The boot fit the hammer drill just fine and in such a manner that it did not interfere with the operation of the hammer drill.It provided a large cavity to catch debris. Additionally, no dust became airborne during the drilling operations.So if you have an SDS demo hammer or hammer drill, this works great for both.