The Makita 12 In. Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser (model LS1219L) combines capacity, accuracy and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size, with a unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System that offers a reduced footprint for operation flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity of baseboard (6-3/4 in.) and crown molding (8 in. nested). It will also make 15 in. crosscuts at 90°. The saw 0 m to 60 m left and right, with positive stops at 0 m, 15 m, 22.5 m, 31.6 m, 45 m and 60 m (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0 to 48 (left and right). The saw is powered by a 15 Amp direct drive motor with soft start, a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. In addition, the electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting. This Promotion also comes with a bonus WST06 Compact Folding Miter Saw Stand.
- LS1219L – Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- LS1219L – increased capacity for up to 8 in. crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4 in. baseboard (vertical), and 15 in. crosscuts at 90
- LS1219L – in-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- LS1219L – dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- LS1219L – innovative direct drive motor and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4 in.)
- LS1219L – linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver dead-on accurate cuts
- LS1219L – less weight (65 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy jobsite portability
- LS1219L – powerful 15.0 Amp direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM
- LS1219L – large-sized aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- LS1219L – soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- LS1219L – 0 m to 60 m left and right; 0 bevels to 48 bevels left and right
- LS1219L – positive miter stops at: 0 m, 15 m, 22.5 m, 31.6 m, 45 m, and 60 m left or right
- LS1219L – electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher quality cutting
- LS1219L – integrated upper and lower 5-1/2 in. tall fence system offers added rigidity for more precise miter and bevel cuts
- WST06 – compact and lightweight aluminum tubular design for job site portability; weighs only 33.7 lbs.
- WST06 -large solid rubber wheels and side handle allow the stand with miter saw attached to be easily transported around the job site (miter saw not included)
- WST06 – material support extensions extend to 100-1/2 in. and support up to 500 lbs. for increased cutting efficiency
- WST06 – tool-less adjustable miter saw bracket levers for easier installation/adjustment/removal of saw
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
This is a light duty miter saw. I Like the portability of the unit I wish the extended supports were a little more steady and stronger tightening bolts.
Saw was heavier than expected but that was a good thing. Stand was just what thought it would be easy to assemble, light weight, but sturdy. Works perfectly.
Not sturdy. Wheels are not of good quality.
Great product!! Just wish the laser was easier turn off and on or an automatic off timer
Great tool and well built. Just a few adjustments right out of the box
Laser is spot on. Did not have larger Allen wrench. Had smaller one. Advertised as more compact but rather large for shelf storage. Should have incorporated The vacuum system hose into the Sawdust bag outlet. Still, a good saw.
This Mitre saw is an engineering marvel and the operating system is very simple yet extremely accurate. This is my third Makita saw and the improvements from my first to present have exceeded my expectations
Works great, easy to operate and gives me expanded capabilities. Nice clean square cuts.
Excellent Makita quality….sturdy, easy to use.
Product came defective, I had to fix myself, Home Depot should refund me some money. Product works good now that I fixed it.
Pretty smooth, but had to adjust the locking brackets.
Upgraded from an old miter saw, this this is amazing, didn’t cut perfectly straight out of the box, but after about 3 minutes of tweaking the saw, it cuts perfectly. Very satisfied with the product
Makita makes a very high quality tool. I checked all the angles out of the box and they were spot on. I have only done molding so far, so I can’t comment on slide accuracy, but so far I think I made the right choice. Dust collection with a vacuum attached is very good.
I had heard that this saw is fairly easy to adjust if it should have shifted out os square during shipping, however mine arrived absolutely perfectly aligned in all 3 directions. The included saw blade has carbide tips and cuts smooth and fast. Installation of the saw blade is easy enough to look up on you tube if one is not familiar with it. When I installed mine I used a rubber band to retain the saw blade’s protective shield during this process as one seems to need three hand for it otherwise. I love that this saw does not require additional room to the rear like my old Bosch tilting miter saw used to need. That saves me 2 feet in the shop. The design of the machine is meant for right hand dominant folks. The kerf for the blade in the bottom of the base is wide enough to accept the tilt of the saw in every position. I will make a zero clearance replacement bottom kerf guide for my use. The rear top fence must be removed for tilted cuts. I will also replace those with zero clearance wooden rear fences. I have enjoyed Makita tools in the past They are still working reliably even though they are some 40 years old. Hopefully this new saw will be a credit to Makita’s good name.
Easy set-up, nice finish, readily adjustable side supports. One leg appears to telescope to help level it (had not yet tried), though having more legs with that feature would help on very uneven terrain.
It’s light and easy to put it together
My husband loves it!
The most accurate saw ive ever used …i do upper end finish carpentry for a living not the lightest saw on the market
Every thing I need at the best price