The Makita 12-Volt MAX CXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 3/8 in. Hammer Driver-Drill delivers power and speed in an ultra-compact size for efficient drilling, driving and fastening. With Makita 12-Volt MAX CXT Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries (sold separately), users get superior balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries. For added convenience the batteries include an on-board LED charge level indicator. The PH05Z weighs only 2.4 lbs. (with 2.0Ah battery, sold separately) and delivers 280 in. lbs. of Max Torque. It’s an ideal solution for users seeking a more compact driver-drill with less weight and for applications in tight spaces. For longer run time, 12-Volt MAX CXT cordless tools are also compatible with the 12-Volt MAX CXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery (BL1041B). 12-Volt MAX CXT Lithium-Ion batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. It’s part of the expanding 12-Volt MAX CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-5/8 in. L
- Weighs only 2.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- BL Brushless Motor delivers 280 in. lbs. of max torque
- BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-450 and 0-1,500 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- 0-6,750/0-22,500 BPM for faster hammer drilling in masonry materials
- 12-Volt slide battery design enables the tool to stand on its own for user convenience (battery not included)
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- Convenient 3/8 in. keyless chuck for quick bit changes
- Battery protection circuit protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating (battery not included)
- Part of the expanding 12-Volt MAX CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size
- Not compatible with 12-Volt MAX pod-style tools, batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Great. Especially if you get it on sale. Seems about as powerful as the 5-7 year old 18V NiCad battery drill that this replaces. Very light, much lighter than the old one. Chuck has lots of gripping power. Well made, very nice “feel”, easy to control speed and torque. Happy camper.
Used it as a drill and a driver…Wow! Powerfull, Will try the hammer function next. For $55 I may buy another one. Drove a 3 inch lag bolt with ease into a stud.
This is a brushless model and I got it at a great price from HomeDepot. It has excellent build as you would expect from a Makita and I love its feel in my hand. Overall, this is a very sturdy and efficient hammer driver that sits atop my toolbox now.