Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category and the 18-Volt LXT Brushless 4-Speed Impact Driver (XDT16R) sets new standards. The XDT16R offers users 4 speeds, as well as Makita’s exclusive Quick-Shift Mode for increased fastening control. Quick-Shift Mode uses the brushless motors electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision setting is Tightening Mode (T-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work. The XDT16R delivers industry-leading performance in a compact and ergonomic design. Added features include the 1-touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck, which enables 1-handed speed changes and reverse rotation auto-stop mode which stops rotation and impact when the fastener is loosened adequately to help prevent over-loosening and dropped fasteners. Its part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt LXT system, the worlds largest cordless tool system powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18-Volt LXT batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Quick-shift mode uses the brushless motors electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- BL brushless motor delivers 3,600 maximum RPM and 1,600 in./lbs. of maximum torque
- 4-speed power selection (0 RPM to 1,100 RPM/0 RPM to 2,100 RPM/0 RPM to 3,200 RPM/0 RPM to 3,600 RPM and 0 IPM to 1,100 IPM/0 IPM to 2,600 IPM/0 IPM to 3,600 IPM/0 IPM to 3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Additional 1-touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck for added convenience
- Assist mode (A-mode) feature helps eliminate screw cam-out and cross threading by driving at low-speed until tightening begins
- 2 tightening modes (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws in thick or thin gauge metal, helps prevent damage to the screw or work-piece
- Reverse rotation auto-stop mode stops rotation and impact when fastener is loosened adequately
- Built-in LED lights on both sides helps eliminate shadows and illuminate a larger area
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-9/16 in. L
- Weighs only 2.8 lbs. with battery (BL1820B) for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer-life
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Convenient 1-touch 1/4 in. hex chuck for quick bit changes
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism is manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
This 18-Volt 2.0 Ah LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Quick-Shift Mode 4-Speed Impact Driver Kit, is the perfect driver for every day chores!1/4 inch drive, you can use your stanard socket or impact sockets. Great for rotating your tires. Getting those frozen bolt and nut. You have 4 speeds. Now i do not break screws or damage nuts or bolt heads! The battery lasts a long time, so i can finish a project without charging the battery!
This is the best company I have tried other in the past.This one by far is my favorite brand.
I was installing gutters on a job site when I got this impact driver and it performed excellently! I was originally using an older impact driver that had seen better days so using this was so much better. In all, I drove 35 seven inch gutter screws on one battery charge. This thing has sufficient torque to drive through old dried wood better than my old unit. Great performance.
I actually thought it was bigger, and especially for that price, it should have been in a hard carry case instead of a “weekend” size bag for it to toss around when traveling with it.However the product itself is good.
Thing is a beast. The two LED lights are nice and bright. Charger is very nice and the bag has been handy for work.
First off, i am a huge fan of Makita power tools. From my experiences in power tools, either for woodworking or what ever you have to do, Makita is the tools for me and have been going on 20 years now. This 18v compact, brushless, quick-shift 4-speed impact driver continues with the quality of Makita. The kit contains everything you need, 2 18v LXT batteries, a very nice charger, dust cover for extra battery and a form fitting hard shell case. The charger has a dust cover to protect the contact points and a very informative and easy to read status. The charger even has a cooling fan built in to keep the components running cool while charging, a nice touch which competitors don’t have and heat is a huge killer of electronics. The driver itself has two well placed LED lights on either side of the chuck. The driver also features an over-discharge protection to protect the Lithium Ion batteries which can get damaged from being discharged too far. This will just shut off at a preset voltage. I tested it on some wood fence panels and the connecting 1/2″ nuts and bolts. Whipped them right out and back in without effort, snugged some other bolts on the fence down as well. The compact size of the head will allow greater access to smaller areas.
This compact impact driver kit includes a small but powerful impact driver, two lithium ion batteries and a carrying case. I appreciate the impact feature because it can drive a drill bit or impact tap into a hard material without requiring excessive manual torque, which can be difficult to apply in confined spaces.Although the kit comes with two batteries, I find the battery capacity to be large enough I do not often need to swap out the battery for normal tasks around the house or shop.The well designed carrying case both protects the tool and keeps the spare battery ready for those times when it is needed when away from the house or shop.