Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2 In. Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake (XAG09Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). It’s powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita’s exclusive Automatic Speed Change Technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. For added convenience, the XAG09Z has an electric brake that stops the wheel in 2-seconds or less upon release of the switch. The XAG10Z is ideal for grinding, cutting and sanding a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more. Its part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt Lithium-Ion system, the worlds largest cordless tool system powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. This Promotion also comes with a bonus BL1850B 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0 Ah Battery.
- XAG09Z – electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2-seconds or less for maximum productivity
- XAG09Z – Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- XAG09Z – Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- XAG09Z – the BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- XAG09Z – efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- XAG09Z – the electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- XAG09Z – compact and ergonomic design at only 14-1/4 in. L
- XAG09Z – weighs only 5.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- XAG09Z – rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- XAG09Z – slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- XAG09Z – 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- XAG09Z – soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- XAG09Z – spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- XAG09Z – anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- BL1850B – integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- BL1850B – provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- BL1850B – reaches full charge in 45-minutes or less
- BL1850B – compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Bought this model because of the electric brake. Amazing tool to say the least. It’s smooth, has lots of power and has decent battery life.
Best choice for circular saw and grinder . Saves time doing battery changes.
I only use Makita. Always great tools
Good give me that extra time needed
Great battery performance outstanding
Another great Makita product.
Works great with all my tools. Versatility and longevity of battery life is a “+” (pardon the pun!).
The battery so far has meet my expectations
They seem to be lasting longer then the 3.0 I have. Not happy with the charging time, it states it’s a quick charger, but takes an hour to recharge the batteries.
Great tool, i would recommend this to everyone.
Great product that holds a charge for a long time. Provides power when needed for big projects without having to worry about stopping for a charge or swap out batteries. I like the battery charge remaining lights so I know how much work I still can get from it.
This battery lasts so much longer than the battery that came with my drill. I was able to mix 5 buckets of concrete without even draining 1 bar of battery
Makita one of the best quality tools out there
Awesome tool and easy to operate and maneuver.
Excellent design and powerful tool. Too big and heavy for my old, arthritis hands, though, so I returned it and purchased a Dremel that’s smaller and lighter. Highly recommend this tool, though.
It is great
Awesome deal. Just what I needed. Works flawlessly.