Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18-Volt X2 LXT (36-Volt) Lithium-Ion Brushless 7-1/4 Circular Saw Kit (XSH08Z). It’s powered by two 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion batteries for maximum performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18-Volt X2 means Freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like cutting sheet and dimensional lumber that traditionally called for a corded saw. Best of all, users can remain in 1 battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18-Volt batteries with the XSH08Z as they use across the expansive Makita 18-Volt LXT cordless tool system. In internal testing, the XSH08Z made up to 610 cross-cuts per charge in 2×4 SPF lumber and up to 320 crosscuts per charge in 2×10 SPF lumber using 2 fully-charged 5.0 Ah batteries (sod separately). The saw has a large 2-5/8 cutting capacity at 90°. The XSH08Z has a long list of features for efficient cutting without the cord. The electronically-controlled brushless motor delivers a full 6,000 RPM for efficient cutting, with Automatic Speed Change technology to adjust the cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
- Convenient guide rail compatible saw base interacts with optional guide rails to provide perfect, dead-on straight or bevel cutting without the need for an adapter
- Powered by 2 LXT batteries, X2 LXT technology delivers more power, RPM and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL motor delivers 6,000 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer-life
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT technology delivers up to 610 crosscuts per charge in 2×4 SPF lumber and up to 320 crosscuts per charge in 2×10 SPF lumber using two 5.0 Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Large 2-3/8 in. cutting capacity at 90°
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- 0-48 bevel capacity with a positive stop at 45
- Die-cast magnesium base, blade guard, and blade cover provide a lightweight, durable design
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 13-3/4 in. L
- Weighs only 11.3 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for operator comfort
- Extreme Protection technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges indicate battery charge levels
- On-board blade wrench for convenience
- Flat motor housing design for stability when changing the blade
- Built-in dust blower cleans the line of cut for operator accuracy
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Great idea by Makita, by putting out a circular saw that has a base that makes it work as a track saw. It’s not a plunge saw, but if you don’t need the ability to do so, then it’s a cheaper alternative.
Amazingly powerful. I have several other top brand saws and this is now my saw of choice. The build quality is also top notch. Super smooth cuts and the auto power delivery is fascinating. It NEVER bogs down. Super smooth, and you can feel the quality just by picking it up. The rail feature is great for me, I have a corded track saw and after getting this saw, I have yet to grab my track saw. It’s not heavy, I thought it would be. With two batteries it still feels lighter than my Makita track saw. If you are considering this saw, go for it. You will not be disappointed. Makita knocked it out of the park.
This replaced a 30+ year old circular that I used for home projects. The difference is amazing. Its an expensive option just for home based projects but the difference in performance was worth it to me. I was able to make very accurate cuts. Particularly on longer rip and cross cuts.
This is an awesome saw. If you already have the Makita plunge cut saw with the guide rails, it would be silly to get any other cordless saw. With the full 7-1/4″ blade, it makes all the same cuts as a regular corded circular saw. The blade is super thin and super sharp, making it cut very fast, even in wet wood. It’s also very light, even with the batteries, than most corded saws.
Same great quality as the previous version. Blade guard doesn’t seem to hang up like a previous one. I wish all their saws were track compatible.
Great Saw i highly recommend.
Super smooth motor. Great blade and good balance. Works well on Makita track. At max depth blade guard can catch on wood, but when set at 2″ it retracts out of the way just fine. Dust collection is just ok.