The Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH12R) is an ideal drilling and driving solution for the user who wants more features. The XPH12R combines 530 in. lbs. of Max Torque with an efficient brushless motor that delivers up 50% more work per charge, increased power and speed and longer tool life. In driver mode, the adjustable torque settings provide more control for a full range of applications, from large fasteners to smaller, delicate screws. For drilling into masonry, simply switch to the percussive hammer driver-drill setting. It weighs only 3.6 lbs. (with 18-Volt 2.0Ah battery) for increased comfort and superior power-to-weight ratio. The kit includes 2 efficient 18-Volt LXT Compact 2.0Ah batteries and each reach a full charge in only 25 minutes the fastest charge-time in the category for less downtime and increased productivity. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
- Variable 2-speed design (0-500 and 0-2,000 RPM) (0-7,500 and 0-30,000 IPM) covers a wide range of drilling, driving and hammer applications
- BL brushless motor delivers 530 in. lbs. of maximum torque
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Features extreme protection technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7-1/8 in. long
- Weighs only 3.6 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Dual LED lights illuminate the work area
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- Equipped with star protection computer controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid optimum charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid optimum charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18-Volt lithium-ion batteries with a star symbol
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Bought this in a combo kit with a brushless impact driver and brushless 6 1/2″ circular saw. This drill is the best I’ve owned. Coming from a Ryobi basic drill and Ryobi brushless hammer drill. It is A LOT lighter and smaller than both Ryobi’s (apples to apples both Makita and Ryobi with 4ah batteries). Also the driver feature on the Makita is a lot more true in each setting vs the Ryobi. Like past reviewers said it gets stuck in other settings NOT THE CASE! Makita must have addressed the issue because I have yet to experience this and tried all settings.
This drill is very powerful. And easy to use.
Very pleased! This was a gift for my husband, and he was pleasantly surprised at the power this cordless drill has.
I am an electrical contractor an use this drill almost every day. Its perfect for drilling in screws and threw studs. The hammer drill clutch is great for putting in tapcons or any other small to medium anchors but if your doing concrete work all day, I would go with one a little more powerful. I highly recommend this drill because of its light weight, compact size, and power behind it!
I own several Makita battery powered tools. I used the last drill so much, I wore it out!!!! I’m sure this one will last equally long!!
Ordered this drill as Christmas gift to my son since this is the one he chose after reviewing a number of other brands. Also based on the fact I have owned and used Makita tools for years.
It is a good tool I really recommend
better than my last one with brushes, more positive torque, a true touch above. A bit worried about the complaints about it getting stuck in hammer drill mode but kind of assume it has been fixed by now and there is a warranty.
The drill is lightweight, compact and did the work required.
Up graded from old 1500 rpm makita drills. Swear this drill saves 25 to 30 seconds per hole. Very comfortable and fast
Great product good price
just what i needed
The drill met all expectations – – having two spare batteries from a recent purchase of a Makita 36 volt circular saw sealed the deal. Charge life through heavy drilling and screwing is excellent, and the hammer feature is a great bonus.
It’s a real nice compact drill light and powerful
Works great, love it
Great drill and has 3 different modes. Great power!
It’s just what I was asking for.
It seems than some other brands. It has a powerful torque that is quite sufficient for any home improvement project. The chuck does not wiggle. The hammer drill mode is handy for use on concrete or brickI used it recently in the hammer drill mode and it went through concrete like through butter
Feels like a high quality product