Corded power meets cordless convenience with the 18-Volt LXT Brushless Compact Router Kit, model XTR01T7. The 18-Volt LXT Router has an efficient Makita BL brushless motor for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The kit includes 2 efficient 18-Volt LXT 5.0 Ah batteries, and each reaches a full charge in only 45 minutes the fastest charge-time in the category for less downtime and increased productivity. The XTR01T7 is engineered for a full range of cabinetry and woodworking applications. It has a variable speed control dial (10,000 30,000) RPM) to match the speed to the application, with electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load and soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy. Convenience features include the smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings, dual LED lights to illuminate the work surface, and a quick release cam lock system for convenient depth adjustments and base removal/installation. The kit includes a plunge base, and additional bases and attachments are available (sold separately). For users of corded Makita Compact Routers (models RT0700C, RT0701C), the bases used with these corded routers are fully compatible with the XTR01T7. In addition, the XTR01T7 easily connects to Makita vacuum cleaners with the optional dust nozzle for improved dust extraction.
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 – 30,000 RPM) to match the speed to the application
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- On/off button with separate lock button helps prevent accidental start-up of the tool for user and work piece protection
- Soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy
- Smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body with rubberized grip for increased comfort and control
- Aluminum housing and base for increased durability and accuracy
- Dual LED lights illuminate the work area
- Quick release cam lock system for convenient depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- High visibility base design for improved handling and performance
- Accepts industry standard template guides
- Comes with a plunge base for added versatility (additional bases and attachments sold separately)
- Plunge capacity of 0 – 1-3/8 in. with included plunge base attached (plunge capacity of 0-1-9/16 in. with trimmer base sold separately)
- Base can be removed quickly to install other bases
- Non-marring high-durability base insert for increased work piece protection
- Shaft lock for quick and easy bit changes
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
I’m a first time user of an orbit sander. It was easy to get the hang of it. I used it on a larger finidhing project for finer sanding. Does a great job.
Have not used battery yet!
Great sander, would buy again.
this router is great . Since there is no cord the maneuverability and useability are great
Battery is nice. But it costs 189.00 plus tax for one Battery!
Good drill for price
I don’t know where this has been all my life!
It works great but it is very heavy
This tool has sooo many uses. Lots of long-lasting power.
Compact and easy to use. Battery has a surprisingly long life.
I got it for a Christmas present and haven’t opened the box yet,but a friend has one and I know it works great.
Very well balanced tool to operate. Very comfortable in hand
Excellent tool one of my favorite planer.the things I love best about the makita planer it’s very balanced and the sound levels low compared to other brands out there which are very loud.
this router works flawlessly. Battery lasts for a full day, plus, and charging time is quick enough that you only need the two that are supplied with the kit. In fact, I use the second battery for my Makita hand planner, and both work great.
Works like a charm and it is light to
Great router. Slightly loose/sloppy depth knob, but it cinches down tight. Some may find it a little too loose for finer depth adjustments. Very nice brake on the drive. Strongly suggest adding the dust/vacuum attachment which is not included.
the freedom of no cord is awesome battery last a long tme
Very nice, works great. You can orient the cutter in any direction or change it without using tools. Just lift up the lever on the front. Has a variable speed dial also. The on/off switch stays on without having to hold the button in the whole time.
Time will tell. I haven’t had it long enough to see how long it lasts. But it seems to have a lot of power
This is one of those tools that I long looked at but couldn’t quite figure out how I would use it (or justify its purchase). Since have purchased it, it has become essential! Granted, I am in the middle of a home remodel, but I can’t begin to tell you how many times I puzzled over how to cut something (piece of trim would in an awkward position, cut a nail, etc), only to realize I have my multi-tool! This thing is solid in the hand (meaning heavy and robust feeling) and more importantly, powerful. Uses tons of blades and I love the rapid release mechanism and multiple blade speeds. Also comes with some adapters for blades that dont fit the tool (although I havent run across any that dont). Easy to use, not overly large, but clearly well made. I love it and wish I had one long ago. I use it to cut wall board, cut back installed trim (during demo) flush cut wood corners, clean grout lines of recently laid tile…fix mistakes, the list goes on. Next to my cordless drill, this is my other essential tool. I picked the Makita because I have several other Makita tools (so have the battery system), but in general I am loyal to Makita – they have always done well for/by me. I’m not a professional, just a DIY who enjoys remodeling and doing projects around the home.