Makita’s 5 in. SJSII Compact Concrete Planer with Dust Extraction Shroud (PC5010CX1) is a kit that comes complete with one 4-1/2 in. Diamond Cup Wheel, which is engineered for low vibration and fast material removal. The PC5010CX1 combines power and ease-of-use with superior handling in a compact size. It is engineered for concrete finishing, concrete material removal and surface coating removal. The PC5010C is powered by a 12 Amp motor with soft start for smooth start-ups and longer gear life. The constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs and the electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overloading. The PC5010C is equipped with SJSII, which is a leaf spring and cam gear mechanism that’s engineered for reduced vibration. The integrated dust extraction shroud is designed to capture dust during operation and includes a removable dust shroud cap that allows the tool to plane in corners and against walls. The shroud has soft brushes to help prevent dust from escaping and the 4-spring suspension system keeps the shroud flush with the surface during movement. The PC5010C weighs only 5.5 lbs. and has an ergonomic soft grip and slide switch with lock-on function for continuous operation, as well as an ergonomic loop handle for improved comfort.
- Integrated dust extraction shroud is designed to capture dust during concrete surfacing applications
- Powerful 12.0 Amp motor delivers more output and (4,000 RPM to 9,000 RPM)
- SJSII provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Variable speed control dial allows manual RPM adjustment (4,000 RPM to 9,000 RPM) to match the speed to the application
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload in high torque applications
- Anti-restart protection prevents accidental start-up even if the tool is plugged to power source in the on position
- Ergonomic loop handle and barrel grip for maximum operator comfort
- Removable dust shroud cap allows for flush-to-wall edge grinding
- 4-spring suspension system keeps shroud flush with surface during movement
- Soft brushes help prevent dust from escaping and help move the tool over the surface
- Slide switch with lock-on for continuous operation
- Weighs only 5.5 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
The dust shroud is very poor. It is also very shallow. For the cost of the grinder I expected a higher quality shroud.
It worked well. Good tool to have for concrete repairs.
Worked well to take paint off concrete block walls in our basement; however its dust shroud failed miserably, falling nearly 1/2″ short of surface of diamond cup/wall, so dust flies everywhere. Had to affix foam door insulation to its outer rim – repeatedly – to meet wall & contain dust.