The Delta Heavy Duty Oscillating Bench Spindle Sander features a heavy duty steel table support and bevel system that provides increased stability and long-lasting durability. It has smooth precision ball bearings that support the main spindle and heavy duty worm and gear mechanism drives the oscillations. It has a positive stop at 90 Degree and large bevel scale for accuracy and convenience.
- Powerful 1/2 HP, 115-Volt motor with 1725 RPM spindle speed and 29 oscillations per minute
- Fully enclosed, heavy duty steel frame construction for minimum vibration
- 14-3/4 in. x 14-3/4 in. precision ground cast iron table
- 15/16 in. oscillating action uses more of the sleeve, prolonging life of the sleeve
- Includes 5 interchangeable threaded spindles with 100 grit sanding sleeves (1/4 in., 1/2 in., 5/8 in., 1 1/2 in. and 2 in.), rubber drums on 1 1/2 in. and 2 in. spindles, 4 inserts, power lock-off pin, 2 1/4 in. to 4 in. dust port adaptor and 3 wrenches
- On-tool storage for all inserts, spindles and wrenches
exactly what i was looking for
Excellent, quiet running, just as expected.
I was going to purchase a Harbor Freight spindle sander but changed my mind after checking out reviews and specks. I had a project and needed a spindle sander. This little Delta sander is a full 1/2 hp. and has plenty of power. On my first day I ran it for over 6 hrs. and the second day another 5 more. The sander seemed to run smooth, I did notice a little gear box noise but after 2 hrs it went away (broke in). I found out that the table inserts were slightly lower that the table and made my small parts tapered, I fixed the problem with tape on the under side of the insert to make them level with the top of the table. When I went to install the spindles on the sander I found the threads were rough and had small metal shavings left on them from machining. I buffed them so they would thread in smooth. This sander cost 3 times more than the other cheep ones, But its worth it. All though I think Delta could do a little better quality control.
I’m very pleased with this product . It does all I was wishing it to do .
I like the way the drums connect and also the heavy table.
well worth the money ; smooth & quiet operation ; does an excellent job
Smooth operation with no vibration. Does the job with excellent results.