The unique JSG-96 Bench Top Sander combines a 9 in. disc and 6 in. x 48 in. belt for workshop versatility. While small and compact, the JSG-96 offers industrial 3/4 HP power while taking up a small footprint on your bench. A quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy while a quick-lock dust cover allows fast disc changes.
- Large cast iron table has preset stops at 90° and 45° to let you use the belt sander vertically, horizontally or anywhere in between
- Exclusive dual thumbscrew belt tracking adjustment locks to keep belt on track during use
- Graphite covered steel platen runs cooler increasing machine and belt life
- Specially designed belt guard allows full use of the 6 in. belt width and length
- Drive drum is rubber-coated for a better grip on the sanding belt resulting in less slippage
- Tracking adjustment knob with quick-lock handle keeps belt on track during use
- Quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy
- Single 4 in. dust port on the back of the base collects dust effectively from both the belt and disc
- Powerful 3/4 HP motor easily handles the toughest sanding operations
- An oversized/bulky item that requires delivery by truck; please be aware of the dimensions and weight of this machine
- JET offers full tech support in order to assist with any warranty issues; please call 1800-274-6846 for assistance
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Power galore. Cannot stop it, when sanding wood of any type and any grit paper.Used on several metal projects–works excellent to date.During the first few weeks of using, decided this purchase should have been done years ago! Five start rating !Dust collection on the belt side does not work as good as the disk side. Three star ratingAverage of 4 stars
The belt sander when set up properly is very accurate. The dust collection system is excellent. However, the 10″ sander table is not stable enough.
The unit is very solid. Vacuum system works well with my shop vacuum. The table for the disc is very easy to set at angles and is very stable under use. The main belt is a beast and does a great job. This sander makes a great addition to the Jet band saw and the air cleaner and vacuum system I have. Bottom line you get what you pay for. This is a lifetime tool.
Another great tool from Jet. I Added a dust collection hose and it removes most of the dust.
One thing i have learned over the years i have been woodworking is you get what you pay for, this is my fourth Jet tool and plan on buying more!
Excellent unit but came with a broken handle on it