The Porter-Cable 893PK 2-1/4 Peak HP Multi-Base Router Kit features a soft-starting, 12 Amp motor with full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the toughest applications. Motor transitions quickly between GripVac base (included), plunge base (included), and traditional spiral down bases (690 series, sold seperately). This kit includes Router Motor, Fixed Base, Plunge Base, 1/4 in. and 1/2 in. collets, Sub-Base Centering Gauge, Collet wrench, Carrying case, Operating manual.
- Variable-speed control feature (10,000 – 23,000 rpm) enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications
- Plunge base features machined brass bushings and steel guide rods for a smooth, controlled plunge stroke
- Plunge base offers through-the-column dust collection for efficient dust removal and improved bit and cut-line visibility
- Depth rod with 6-position adjustable turret enables stepped or repeated plunge cuts
- Dual-position switch allows user to cut power while maintaining control of the router
- Durable latch lever enables quick and simple coarse depth adjustments and motor release for transition between bases
- Rack and pinion adjustment provides fine depth settings to 1/128 in. (fixed base only)
- Clear Lexan sub-base provides improved durability and bit visibility
- Flat side on plunge base allows user to work in tighter spaces and provides a straight reference point
- Collets included to accept 1/4 in. and 1/2 in. shank bits
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
I am very pleased with this router. I like the variable speed. I love the adjustment system, for all you have to do is unlock the motor and set approx. height and then use fine adjust to set right where you want it. I would recommend this.
Very easy to use and switch from 1/2 to 1/4. I appreciate it being quitter than the older version.