The helical cutter head on this planer provides smoother cutting and a finer finish than conventional knives and the seventy four 4-sided indexable carbide knife inserts do not require adjustment after installing. 3 V-belts transfer maximum power from the 3 HP motor to the cutter head. Your work piece will get substantial support from the precision ground cast iron table and 2 large extension wings. The 4 in. dust port angles the collection hose away from the work area. Stock return rollers atop the machine speed repetitive cuts. The serrated steel infeed and smooth steel outfeed roller allow for 1/8 in. maximum depth of cut and trouble-free operation. A 2-speed gearbox features an automatic chain tensioner. The 1-piece welded steel stand has built-in lockable casters for easy movement around the shop.
- Helical cutter head with seventy four 4-sided knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems
- Powerful 3 HP TEFC motor controlled with a magnetic switch for safety
- 3 V-belts transfer maximum power to the cutter head
- Serrated steel infeed roller and smooth steel outfeed roller allow for 1/4 in. maximum depth of cut and trouble free operation
- Large cast iron hand wheel positions table quickly and easily
- Large, precision ground cast iron table and extensions provide maximum work piece support
- 2-speed gearbox features automatic chain tensioner
- 1-piece welded steel stand has built-in lockable casters
- Steel top-mounted return rollers speed repetitive cuts
- Angled dust chute with 4 in. port positions collection hose away from the work area while providing efficient chip and dust collection
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Powermatic fit and finish is great as usual
Just bought this as a upgrade to my Dewalt. Lots of power, dust collection great but quality control lacking. For such a well built machine it was missing the threads in the center hole of the out feed table. The hole was there but no threads. This was easily fixed with a thread tap but how many woodworker have a tap an die set. Small mistake on Powermatic’s side but at these prices and I bought based on the reputation of quality had to drop a star.