The Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Driver-Drill (XFD12Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) is an ideal drilling and driving solution for the user who wants a drill with superior power-to-weight ratio. The XFD12Z combines 530 in lbs. of Max Torque with an efficient brushless motor that delivers up 50% more work per charge, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the pro user, this means more drilling and driving power, greater productivity, and fewer trips up and down the scaffolding or ladder to get to the battery charger. In driver mode, the adjustable torque settings provide more control for a full range of applications, from large fasteners to smaller, delicate screws. It weighs only 3.4 lbs. (with 2.0Ah battery, sold separately) for increased comfort and superior power-to-weight ratio. The XFD12Z is compatible with Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, from the fast-charging 18-Volt LXT Compact 2.0Ah battery to full-size 18-Volt LXT batteries for longer run time. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-500 and 0-2,000 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
- BL brushless motor delivers 530 in. lbs. of max torque
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Extreme protection technology (XPT) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-3/4 in.
- Weighs only 3.9 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Built-in dual LED lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18-Volt lithium-ion batteries with a star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov