Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category and the 18-Volt LXT Brushless 4-Speed Impact Driver (XDT16Z) sets new standards. The XDT16Z offers users 4 speeds, as well as Makita’s exclusive Quick-Shift Mode for increased fastening control. Quick-Shift Mode uses the brushless motors electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision setting is Tightening Mode (T-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work. The XDT16Z delivers industry-leading performance in a compact and ergonomic design. Added features include the 1 touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck, which enables 1-handed speed changes and reverse rotation auto-stop mode which stops rotation and impact when the fastener is loosened adequately to help prevent over-loosening and dropped fasteners. Its part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt LXT system, the worlds largest cordless tool system powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18-Volt LXT batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. This bundle also comes with E-01351 Impact XPS 2-3/8 in. Magnetic Insert Bit Holder and E-00773 ImpactXPS #2 Phillips 2 in. Power Bit, 3-pack.
- Quick-shift mode uses the brushless motors electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- BL brushless motor delivers 3,600 maximum RPM and 1,600 in./lbs. of maximum torque
- 4-speed power selection (0 RPM to 1,100 RPM/0 RPM to 2,100 RPM/0 RPM to 3,200 RPM/0 RPM to 3,600 RPM and 0 IPM to 1,100 IPM/0 IPM to 2,600 IPM/0 IPM to 3,600 IPM/0 IPM to 3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Additional 1-touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck for added convenience
- Assist mode (A-mode) feature helps eliminate screw cam-out and cross threading by driving at low speed until tightening begins
- 2 tightening modes (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws in thick or thin gauge metal, helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece
- Reverse rotation auto-stop mode stops rotation and impact when fastener is loosened adequately
- Built-in LED lights on both sides helps eliminate shadows and illuminate a larger area
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-9/16 in. L
- Weighs only 3.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Features Extreme Protection technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- E-01351 – Provides convenient pick-up and retention of fasteners
- E-01351 – Engineered to allow the torsion section of the bit holder to flex under load, taking pressure off of the bit tip for increased durability in high torque applications
- E-00773 – Precision machined tips, pulse torsion rings, an optimized torsion zone and unique steel, combine to deliver improved overall performance and bit life
- E-00773 – Lasts up to 90X longer than standard impact bits
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Although it can be a bit cumbersome to pick the correct setting, overall the tools is well built and light. I would buy it again
These are strong, do not rust, and are easily inserted and removed
Bought the 3 pack to install a 25 pound box of drywall screws. Still on the first one with 23 pounds of screws installed.
My husband used these so I guessed they worked. By this statement I mean that he did ask me to take back. Find something better. They did the job!
Held it’s sharpness longer than others I have used
very good i use them a lot
Solid and certainly seems built to last. Typically I get those other names kits, only to discover recently, they don’t last at all. I burned brought more screws using the other ones. I decided it’s either the screws, me, the bits or me. Turns out once I started using these Makita bits, perfect every time and no wasted screws!
Last longer than the ones I have been using.
Excellent. Very tight fit in screws, no stripping. These were so good I bought a full set of XPS bits.
easy to use
This Makita Impact XPS power bits are made with high quality steel. I can tell that thet will last a long time due to its durability. This Impact power bits are great for any home project or professional jobs. Great for anything. The power bits are excellent for home or professional use. I highly recommend this Makita Impact power bits for any professional or home owner.
Works very good
I used my Makita drill and 2″ power bit to remove rusted screws from a 52 year old, 402 panel fence. The tapered Phillips head of the bit gripped the screws and backed them out without either stripping the head or snapping the screw from the iron rail with ease. The bit is sturdy even though its shaft has a smaller diameter that the standard bit. The power bits will be added to my tool box.
I like Makita tools and this one been very helpful with me. However I chose the wrong product. I thought it was an impact wrench but it turned out that it is an impact driver. Huge mistake and differences because it’s useless with high torque applications which is the main reason why I bought it.
Really powerful compact drill and good made material.
Superb impact drill, love the different features, particularly the auto feature.
Get more life out of these than the cheapies. I go thru enough bits.
Drill itself is great. But I think home depot Sent me a used or returned item. Their was debris on the drill from being used. Highly disappointed in Home Depot as I paid for a new product. Would reconsider buying online from Home Depot from now on…
Plenty of power, drives anything and everything I attempt; Allows me to use my Makita batteries interchangeably – very versatile!; Good adjustability – can work in fine applications as well as heavy-duty structural fasteners!
At just 2 includes in length, the Makita power bit performed as good as expected for a drill bit. Made for contractors and suitable for homeowners, the bits are designed for use with high-torque impact drivers and are engineered to last up to 90-times longer than standard insert bits. High-strength steel delivers longer bit life and the precision-fit tip is engineered to prevent cam-out and stripping. The high quality steel construction is engineered for increased durability and features a matte nickel surface for best in class corrosion resistance. The bits are ideal for the most demanding jobs including deck building, framing, installing plywood subfloor and more.