The Makita 1 in. AVT Rotary Hammer (model HR2641, with D-Handle) is engineered with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT), an internal counterbalance system for significantly less vibration. The HR2641 combines performance and power with less vibration in a compact size and is ideal for a range of applications including overhead drilling. The new HR2641 has an 8 Amp motor that delivers 2.9 Joules (2.1 ft. lbs.) of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications. The 3-mode operation offers “rotation only”, “hammering with rotation” or “chipping only” for multiple applications. Modes can be easily changed with a recessed hammer-function selector, which is located below the gear housing for improved durability. The ergonomic D-shaped handle with a rubberized soft grip provides increased operator comfort, as well as a retractable tool hook to secure the tool to studs, ladders and rails when not in use. The HR2641 is engineered for a range of applications including overhead drilling into concrete, wood and metal, removing tile and more. It is ideal for a range of trades including masons, plumbers, electricians, sprinkler installers, city maintenance crews and general contractors seeking a best-in-class 1 in. rotary hammer.
- Anti-vibration technology (AVT) is an internal counterbalance system that greatly reduces vibration by moving a counterweight in the opposite direction of the drive piston
- Integrated damper spring at the base of the impact bolt is engineered to absorb impact vibrations from the drill bit
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by but never in the way
- Sequential impact timing delivers timed hammering during rotation to minimize overlapping bit impacts for up to 50% faster drilling
- Variable speed trigger enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- 40 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- Ergonomic D-shaped handle with rubberized soft grip for increased comfort
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- No hammering when idling function helps increase tool life
- Includes: 1 in. AVT rotary hammer (model HR2641, with D-handle) and 4-1/2 in. angle grinder (GA4530)
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
so far so good more than expected
Have been using it to drill in limestone with a 5/8″ bit and it has great speed of hammer/drilling and the anti kickback works great too.
You can’t beat Makita tools Top of the line tools. Been using Makita power tools for over 30 yrs. Simply the best!
Excellent product, top of the line stuff, recommended. Very accurate and strong. Well built. Love it.
I love the Makita angle grinder with chorded sustain power and quiet motor that performs the tough job with minimal vibration. It cuts through the metal like butter. The SDS rotary hammer has less vibration and powerful piercing power. I drove a 5/8 inch HILT bolt through 4×4 stud to the concrete floor with ease. The rotary hammer has its own handy case and I wish the grinder has its own too.
Both tools have worked incredibly will in chipping away a 100 sq. ft. tile floor and removing the thinset.
Super impressed! The hammer only function is a huge plus!
I saw it online and we went to buy it at the store the same day it works very well it is strong when breaking the concrete excellent makes the job easier
The Makita SDS Plus rotary hammer destroys other drills in its class.Head to head up against the comparable Bosch is no contest. It’s not even close how much better the Makita works, that AVT Jazz they preach is real af.Smooth perfect holes, quick penetration.A+++
Worked like a champ. No issues so far.
Is it good drill hammer
Nice combo. I had a good drill and lightly
Great piece of equipment. The bit angle option it’s outstanding. Plenty of power to complete the job.
Worked great for my needs. Drilled 32, 5 inch, holes into concrete! Worked great and no issues.
Good tool. Performed well for its size. Got job done quickly. Made it lil easier to pay for knowing I got the angle grinder with it. Which I need as well. Both tools worked very well
The rotary drill part worked well, but the hammer only did not work. Maybe a defect. I took it back.
I have only used it twice so far, but both times it did great! I have used the Bosch and Milwaukee version of this drill and I would say it is a little nicer than the Milwaukee and about par with the Bosch, but with less vibration in the hands than the Bosch which is nice. Very quiet as well.